Monday, December 4, 2006

Sea Changes

Ramu flew off to Singapore again today. I got up early to see him off. We are both a little sad. I will be taking off on the start of my journey to India the day before he gets back from Singapore. He will be going to visit is brother in SF and then to India to get married in February. I expect to go up to his wedding. They are doing it in his native place, the little village his grandmother lives in. I'm looking forward to that, never spent much time in India yet in any but fairly busy metros.

He and his wife will come back to Canada in March. They will stay at my place until they find a place of their own. So I will be coming back in June to an empty house again. Feel a little sad about that. I've really enjoyed having Ram around, such a very gentle and considerate young man. Totally tolerant about my peculiarities especially my strange sleeping patterns. Much nicer to me than my own smart mouthed brood.

But, can't complain, I raised them that way.

He would like to find an apartment in this building or in the neighborhood. I hope he does. It's very convenient for him, just a brisk walk to work in the morning. So I hope to be able to see him and his wife every now and then. It's been a good experience.

No comments: