Tuesday, December 19, 2006

On the road.

Doing my usual struggle with the touchpad, too lazy to find where I have hidden my mouse. Testing my laptops battery.
Lovely visit wih my sister over the weekend. She and her family are struggling to reclaim a little Christmas joy after the tragic death of her son last year. I found it so hard to get moving this trip. Finally had to shorten down my to do list to what was really necessary to do for the trip itself. We had a good talk about the black dog, an old companion of mine but one she has only lately encountered. Sometimes it's good to talk about stuff like that, I found my heart lightening as we hung out together. I don't think I want to live in Edmonton for too much longer, find it hard to get myself motivated there even during the summer. It's just such a success oriented place, everything is so go-go-go with the oil boom, bigger and better and higher and faster. Tires me out just to think about it. I'm not all that interested in higher and faster anymore.
In Vancouver right now visiting my daughter, just got back from one of the kids Christmas Concert. Haven't been to one of those since my youngest was one of those little guys on stage. The star is still zooming about the house like a demented comet. Can't believe I used to have a household with that much kid energy bouncing off the walls.

No comments: