Saturday, December 30, 2006

More Singapore


Well, no tours for me. Everything shut down for lunch and the two o'clock batch not gettting back until six, and the concierge won't store my laptop.Walking tours are not much fun lugging this heavy mother about. So no help for it I guess. Find a place where I can buy a beer and and put-put away on the box for a couple of hours. Got some pictures to work on. Even found an unguarded wireless port there for a few moments, but those seem to dry up pretty quick. I'll be glad when I can get to Puttaparthi and just take my little portable harddrive in to the shop. I try to carry this thing around as little as possible


Singapore is pretty and clean, the people I've had reason to speak to have all been impecably polite. Still don't hesitate for a minute to rip you off if they can. That beer I ordered for $8.00 on the restaurant menu ended up costing $12.68 at the till. Might still be a reasonable place to stay, asked a guy at the smoking place around the corner how much it cost to rent an apartment, $300, $400 he said. Still would rather be in India. Things are more out in the open there.



Well, low battery warning, so I'm off now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your views and way of thinking, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Murk