Saturday, December 9, 2006

I come out of my cave


That perishing Siberian high has blasted off across Canada, (the rest of Canada was calling it the Alberta Express) and out over the North Sea to flash freeze Reykjavik, leaving ankle deep piles of soggy frozen latte coloured slush on the unplowed streets and parking lots of the city. The air feels positively balmy after the deep freeze. So it was with quite a bit of pleasure I finally ventured out of my messy little cave for an evenings entertainment.


Tried to take some photos of the Christmas decorations in Churchill square, was reminded yet again of the folly of trying to do long exposures without a tripod.

Images from Art from the Unknown as soon as I can get artist permissions and contact info.

Beginning to get a little nervous. I start off on the first leg of my journey to India in exactly one week. First stop Calgary to visit my sister. Ramu made me a little nervous. A Canadian guy from Montreal told him that the Montreal office is not taking walk in visa applications, they have to be mailed. I have a five day window to get my visa in Vancouver so I'm hoping there is no problem. At least forewarned is good, I'll call them up tomorrow and find out what the system is.

No comments: