Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Plans

Lots of chatting on messenger these days. Christmas plans are heating up. I'm planning on descending on my daughter first in Vancouver, get my Indian visa and then go over to the Island and visit my brothers and sister-in-law over there before I head off across the Pacific. Sounds like both my daughter and one of my sons may make it there more or less the same time. Nobody ever wants to commit to dates to far in advance, but it sounds like fun so far. (Wonder if my brother will agree after another Irish family shindig!) Seems like I never see my kids in town anymore, we are always flying in from somewhere. West Jet fares to the coast are a lot cheaper and mega faster than the bus.

Have to start thinking of Christmas presents, luckily I have lots of options.

My hard drive was making growling noises earlier today. I had a ridiculous number of applications open and was really overworking it, but I still don't like that at all. I'm going to go down the street and buy another portable hard drive and copy an image of my operating system onto it. I had one the last time I went to India, found it very handy, but purse snatchers got it. This one I'll put in a pouch and carry it around my neck.

I'm also busily putting a lot of files up on my Google mail program. Nice to have backup you can get at from anywhere in the world


I got an email from a friend who had tried to leave a comment but it didn't work. I tried it out, worked for me but I saw where some things about the process could be a little confusing. I'm moderating comments because a nice person warned me that she had gotten some very nasty remarks on her blog when she had listed it in the same place I did, so I took her advise and put in a moderating function to head off anything offensive. No need to leave an email address unless you would like an answer, and I'll delete any that show up in the comments. If you have a blog of your own please feel welcome to leave a url and I'll come for a visit.

No comments: