Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back on the air

Well, it only took seven days of running back and forth between the telephone shop and the computer place to get my new, very expensive phone modem to work. That CD that was suposed to load a driver to activate the USB device that connects phone and computer was not in the folder with the name of the handset I bought. It was in a folder for another handset, some sort of programming gaffe in a backroom in Delhi I suspect. Boy did it take a lot of tech time to find that puppy.

It's dial up, it's slow, but it's mine. Yes!!!!!!!!

Now I can get back to having some sort of life and let my aching shoulder heal, cheap laptops are not light. I think if I rent this apartment for a year I may leave this one here as my Indian computer. Almost time to upgrade anyway.

A nice massage, with lashings of warm oil to sort out the tension is my next project. I think I need some pampering , especially before I head out on the train to Ramu's wedding on Tuesday.

No comments: