Sunday, October 14, 2007

Making friends

Well, I guess I've definitely succumbed to those Grandmother vibes. Was thrilled to learn today that my grandson has discovered the beast known to the rest of the family as Psycho Cat. And puss just sidles away when little fingers yard too hard on lush fur. None of that ears back hissing stuff with which she rewards any overture of friendship from anyone else. I've always figured that cats were the very best way to teach young humans to respect other living creatures very early on. But I was worried that one might be a little strict.

Making plans to go down to the coast, happy to learn it's still nice and warm and pleasant there still. We are getting quite a few of those cool rainy fall days now. I'm particularly interested in meeting a distant cousin I encountered on Facebook. She has a book about our shared family name I'm quite interested in seeing. She's the same generation as my daughter so I'm hoping to get Rainbow to come over on the ferry with me so we both can meet her. One thing about the McBryan name, there are relatively few of us, even fewer migrated out west in the early 1900's so with a little bit of effort it is usually simple to figure out which grandfather or great grandfather we share.

No comments: